Already three days into 2014, I figured I should share my word of the year with you. To be honest, I’ve had such a hard time coming up with one, I almost decided not to have one this year! However, the importance of having a “word”, with all of it’s motivational powers, simply cannot be taken for granted. After much thought, this year’s word is:
Achieve [uh-cheev] verb (used with object), a·chieved, a·chiev·ing.
1. to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish.
2. to get or attain by effort; gain; obtain: to achieve victory.
verb (used without object), a·chieved, a·chiev·ing.
3. to bring about an intended result; accomplish some purpose or effect.
World English Dictionary
1. to bring to a successful conclusion; accomplish; attain
2. to gain as by hard work or effort: to achieve success
This word is fitting as I have so many goals for this year; personal, financial and some important ones for this here blog. Last year was such a busy one (my word was hustle, and believe me when I say I’ve nevered hustled so much in my life!). This year I need to keep up that same momentum in order to accomplish my goals, but not at the frantic pace of last year. I’m going to use this word (achieve) to help me work toward my goals, while remembering to take the time neccessary to enjoy those achievements, too.
So here’s to 2014, and all that I hope to achieve this year!
Until next time,