Lemon cookies are typically my summer go-to treat, but sometimes it’s nice to have a reminder of summer during the cold, dark days of winter. This soft and chewy lemon cookie is sure to brighten the darkest day and add a smile to your face! It’s also quick and easy to make! You may want to double the recipe and bake some extras, because once you taste these light, moist little bits of heaven, you’ll wish you had more!
Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies
Soft and chewy lemon sugar cookies, dipped in lemon glaze to lock in the moist, delicious flavor. So good, you might want to double the recipe!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1½ tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp water
- ¾ cup - 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar to roll cookie dough in
- Cookie Dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar. Beat in egg, lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon juice. Add flour, baking powder, soda, and salt, mixing well. Roll dough into 1″ balls, then (optional, but recommended) roll in powdered sugar. Place cookies on lightly greased baking sheets and bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes, or until the tops begin to "crackle". Cool on baking pans for two minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Lemon Glaze
- In a small bowl, heat water and lemon juice in microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, then slowly stir in powdered sugar until a thick consistency forms. Drizzle over cookies, or dip tops of cookies in glaze.
Home Remedies http://homeremediesrx.com/
Two Bees In A Pod, Cedar Hill Farmhouse , Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm , Brepurposed, Burlap and Babies, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia , Cozy Little House, Setting For Four, Happy House and Home, Love Grows Wild, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Simple Life Of A Firewife, A Night Owl, A Pinch Of Joy, Keeping It Simple, Huckleberry Love
A Stroll Thru Life, Just A Girl And Her Blog, Home Stories A to Z, Tiny Sidekick, Tip Junkie,The Sits Girls, House On The Way, Hope Studios,
Savvy Southern Style , The Turquoise Home , The Real Housewives of Riverton, Someday Crafts, Crafty Allie, Cherished Bliss, Snap Creativity, The Blissful Bee, Family Home and Life, The Thrifty Home, Made In A Day, Seven Alive, Live Laugh Rowe
Liz Marie Blog, City Farmhouse , Sweet Haute, Chic California, The Pin Junkie , A Delightsome Life , Craftberry Bush, Joy In Our Home, Glitter Glue and Paint, A Glimpse Inside, Too Much Time On My Hands, Posed Perfection, The Pin Junkie, From My Front Porch To Yours, Table + Hearth
The Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home , French Country Cottage , The Girl Creative, The 36th Avenue, Lolly Jane, I’m Not A Trophy Wife , The Charm of Home, I Heart Naptime, The Cottage Market
Six Sisters Stuff, Be Different Act Normal , Reasons To Skip The Housework, Funky Junk, It’s Overflowing, A Little Clairification, The Girl Creative, Reasons To Skip The Housework
Thoughts From Alice, View From The Fridge, Under The Table, Delineate Your Dwelling, The DIY Showoff