What a treat to wake up to this Monday morning! Homemade churro bites; deliciously golden with a crunchy, sweet crust and warm, moist inside. Small enough to just pop right into your mouth; one after the other. And the aroma! Let me just say… YUM! Living in the Southwest, there are no shortages of churros, but HOMEMADE churros are another matter altogether. With this recipe, my family and I can have hot, delicious churros in a matter of mere minutes. And now you can, too. You can thank me later, while you wipe cinnamon-sugar from your face. Now go make some!
Easy-to-make, and even easier-to-eat cinnamon and sugar churro bites.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying (I used Canola)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large pot over medium heat until oil reaches 365 degrees. Add water, salt and butter to a medium sized saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Add the flour and 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, stirring until no lumps remain. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. The dough should look smooth and silky. Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Fry 4-5 balls at a time, removing with a wire strainer once they are golden-brown. Allow the churro bites to drain on a wire cookie rack, until cool enough to handle, but still warm/hot. Now, mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Roll the churro bites in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until well coated. Best when eaten warm.
- Serve with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or fruit topping, if desired.
Home Remedies http://homeremediesrx.com/
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like these, too!
Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup
Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese And Sausage
Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies
Two Bees In A Pod, Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm , Brepurposed, Burlap and Babies, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Love Grows Wild, Beyond The Picket Fence, A Night Owl, A Pinch Of Joy, Keeping It Simple, Huckleberry Love
A Stroll Thru Life, Just A Girl And Her Blog, Home Stories A to Z, Tiny Sidekick, Tip Junkie,The Sits Girls, House On The Way, Hope Studios,
Savvy Southern Style , The Real Housewives of Riverton, Someday Crafts, Crafty Allie, Cherished Bliss, Snap Creativity, The Blissful Bee, Family Home and Life, The Thrifty Home, Made In A Day, Seven Alive, Live Laugh Rowe
Liz Marie Blog, Sweet Haute, Chic California, The Pin Junkie , A Delightsome Life , Joy In Our Home, Glitter Glue and Paint, A Glimpse Inside, Too Much Time On My Hands, Posed Perfection, From My Front Porch To Yours, Table + Hearth
The Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home , French Country Cottage , The Girl Creative, The 36th Avenue, Lolly Jane, I’m Not A Trophy Wife , The Charm of Home, I Heart Naptime,
Six Sisters Stuff, Be Different Act Normal , Reasons To Skip The Housework, Funky Junk, It’s Overflowing, A Little Clairification, The Girl Creative,
Thoughts From Alice, View From The Fridge, Under The Table, Delineate Your Dwelling, The DIY Showoff