Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! The last few weekends we have been celebrating birthdays with family (a lot of February/March birthdays in our family), and that means lots and lots of cake! This past weekend it was my turn to bake the birthday cake, and knowing the birthday girl wouldn’t mind, I went with a nontraditional, easy to make, yet super yummy option; Earthquake Cake. There are a lot of different recipes out there for this cake, but this is the one that my family has used for the last few decades, and it always seems to please.
An ooey-gooey cake that pleases!
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix + ingredients needed to make the cake (varies by brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13" baking pan.
- Spread the coconut and pecans into the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the cake mix according to package directions, then pour over pecans and coconut.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla and confectioners sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour over cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes. Toothpick will NOT come out clean.
Home Remedies http://homeremediesrx.com/
Two Bees In A Pod, Cedar Hill Farmhouse , Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm , Brepurposed, Burlap and Babies, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia , Cozy Little House, Setting For Four, Happy House and Home, Love Grows Wild, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Simple Life Of A Firewife, A Night Owl, A Pinch Of Joy, Keeping It Simple, Huckleberry Love
A Stroll Thru Life, Just A Girl And Her Blog, Home Stories A to Z, Tiny Sidekick, Tip Junkie,The Sits Girls, House On The Way, Hope Studios,
Savvy Southern Style , The Turquoise Home , The Real Housewives of Riverton, Someday Crafts, Crafty Allie, Cherished Bliss, Snap Creativity, The Blissful Bee, Family Home and Life, The Thrifty Home, Made In A Day, Seven Alive, Live Laugh Rowe
Liz Marie Blog, City Farmhouse , Sweet Haute, Chic California, The Pin Junkie , A Delightsome Life , Craftberry Bush, Joy In Our Home, Glitter Glue and Paint, A Glimpse Inside, Too Much Time On My Hands, Posed Perfection, The Pin Junkie, From My Front Porch To Yours, Table + Hearth, All That’s Jas
The Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home , French Country Cottage , The Girl Creative, The 36th Avenue, Lolly Jane, I’m Not A Trophy Wife , The Charm of Home, I Heart Naptime, The Cottage Market
Six Sisters Stuff, Be Different Act Normal , Reasons To Skip The Housework, Funky Junk, It’s Overflowing, A Little Clairification, The Girl Creative, Reasons To Skip The Housework
Thoughts From Alice, View From The Fridge, Under The Table, Delineate Your Dwelling, The DIY Showoff