With the July 4th holiday approaching, party planning is in full swing! Our annual family get-together is typically filled with swimming, fireworks, and of course, food. This year my family has requested my famous chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate frosting; not so much for the cake, but for the yummy, creamy, dreamy frosting! This is my go-to frosting recipe – it’s quick, easy to make, and of course, delicious!
Creamy Dark Chocolate Frosting
A creamy, no-fail chocolate frosting made with real cocoa!
- 2 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium size bowl, sift together confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder to get rid of any lumps. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the sifted sugar/cocoa mixture alternately with the heavy cream. Beat on low after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Once everything is added, beat on high speed for about 2 minutes, until creamy.
- * If frosting is too sweet, add a pinch or two of salt. Store any unused frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Home Remedies http://homeremediesrx.com/