Ever wonder what happens when you have a craving for brownies and chocolate chip cookies at the same time but can’t decide which one to make? Um, this happens! Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars! Yes, you heard that right; a layer of gooey, fudegy brownie, topped with a layer of crumbly, chocolately chip cookie! Yum!
What I love about this recipe (besides all of the chocolate) is that it can be made using box mixes, or a combination of box mixes and from scratch. In fact, I used a box mix for the brownie layer, and made the chocolate chip cookie layer from scratch, using my favorite cookie recipe. That’s just how I roll when it’s late on Sunday night and I have a craving for sweets.
For the thickest, gooiest bars ever, use an 8×8 baking pan. And, if you happen to have some vanilla ice cream on hand (I did not), feel free to add one more layer with a couple of generous scoops of ice cream. Perfection.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 box of brownie mix + eggs, oil and water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. Using an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars (in a medium size bowl) and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Combine the brownie mix as directed on the box.
- Pour the brownie mix into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan. Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls evenly onto the brownie batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 10-15 minutes, then cut into pieces for serving.
Home Remedies http://homeremediesrx.com/
Now go! Make some and tell me what you think – I’m pretty sure you’ll love them as much as I do.
Two Bees In A Pod, Cedar Hill Farmhouse , Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm , Brepurposed, Burlap and Babies, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia , Cozy Little House, Setting For Four, Happy House and Home, Love Grows Wild, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Simple Life Of A Firewife, A Night Owl, A Pinch Of Joy, Keeping It Simple, Huckleberry Love, A Stroll Thru Life, Just A Girl And Her Blog, Home Stories A to Z, Tiny Sidekick, Tip Junkie,The Sits Girls, House On The Way, Hope Studios, Savvy Southern Style , The Turquoise Home , The Real Housewives of Riverton, Someday Crafts, Crafty Allie, Cherished Bliss, Snap Creativity, The Blissful Bee, Family Home and Life, The Thrifty Home, Made In A Day, Seven Alive, Live Laugh Rowe,Liz Marie Blog, City Farmhouse , Sweet Haute, Chic California, The Pin Junkie , A Delightsome Life , Craftberry Bush, Joy In Our Home, Glitter Glue and Paint, A Glimpse Inside, Too Much Time On My Hands, Posed Perfection, The Pin Junkie, From My Front Porch To Yours, Table + Hearth, All That’s Jas, The Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home , French Country Cottage , The Girl Creative, The 36th Avenue, Lolly Jane, I’m Not A Trophy Wife , The Charm of Home, I Heart Naptime, The Cottage Market, Six Sisters Stuff, Be Different Act Normal , Reasons To Skip The Housework, Funky Junk, It’s Overflowing, A Little Clairification, The Girl Creative, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Thoughts From Alice, View From The Fridge, Under The Table, Delineate Your Dwelling, The DIY Showoff